Is a digital X-ray really safer?
Because we care about your child’s bodily health and well-being, we believe that reducing the amount of radiation exposure is extremely important. Although the amount of radiation used in dental X-rays is very small, the effect is cumulative, so all radiation counts. Digital X-rays can reduce your child’s exposure to radiation by up to 80 percent!
What are the advantages of digital X-rays?
- We want your little one to be as comfortable as possible during her appointment, and digital X-rays eliminate the need to bite down on a sharp piece of film encased in plastic.
- There is no need to wait for the X-ray film to be developed before it can be viewed, so the entire checkup can be a lot shorter.
- The digital images can be enlarged and manipulated, giving the doctor a clear, more detailed look at your child’s teeth.
- Because your child can see the image enlarged on a screen, she can better understand why taking care of her teeth is important.
- It’s better for the earth! There is no need to use harmful chemicals to process film.
Our practice is focused on making your child’s dental experience as comfortable as possible. At your next appointment, we’ll be happy to answer any questions you may have.